- Audience: It's not that I haven't always had an audience (Hello audience) it that my audience has increased lately to a point I wasn't really expecting. Every time I write something people, you know the real sort, the ones you actually see, talk to me, with like their mouths. It's freaky, and makes me self conscious.
- Internet Stalking: As you know, I am an internet stalker. I look up my friends, and hunt for people I haven't seen in ages on the web. I read a number of blogs regularly, and am generally a complete internet nerd. (I hate not checking my mail 40 time a day). Recently I had occasion to experience this from the other side. Someone I hoped NEVER to heard from again found me. I am totally not surprised, I knew it would happen eventually, Facebook being what Facebook is, but I was still a bit shocked. I mean maybe that was mostly because this person is now so much more of a complete nut job than they were when I knew them, but still a bit shocked.
So the fact remains, something has knocked the edge of my blogging. The next thing is to decide what to do about it. Again, I have a few ideas:
- Move my blog: Not really keen on this one, as my blog has been linked to in a number of places, and it would be a pain to change them all. Also, I like my name.
- Give up for a bit, til people get sick of reading it: The I could come back to it in a few months, I would have next to no audience again, and I might be happy. But what if it all happens again?!?!?
- Change the focus of my blog: Maybe retire the 'My head' tag, these posts had been going down anyway and it might be that I just need to resign myself to the grown and changing nature of me and simple focus on other things. I did, for quite awhile, find the 'My head' posts very therapeutic and helpful, and although I don't seem to be needing them just now, maybe I would be sorry later?!?!?
- Get over it: say no more.
- Move the 'My head' entries some where else: This is an idea worth considering, as I had already noted, the number of these as been going down, and I think in direct proportion to the growing audience. Also, I kind of got my self in trouble with these once already. And it would help if I need to payout on someone who also happened to be in my known audience (it all right everyone, this is a hypothetical statement (gees, see what I mean!!!))
Any way, probable a bit of thinking and planning to go, thoughts, as always, are welcome. Love yous all!!