For the last two weeks I have been helping a firend make her daughters formal dress. We went to look at an over priced dress that she wanted, had to work out what the young lady in question wanted from her dress, went shopping for a pattern, worked out that she really wanted a skirt and top, found a pattern, found the material, got zips and a button. We picked silk, something I have never sewn with before. We made some practice versions to make sure the silk would work out fine. Today was our third session and it's finally finished. Working with silk was an interesting adventure, the bloody pattern pieces can change shape after you have cut them out, and even while your sewing them, even if it's pinned!
One the whole I think it has turned out very well!