12 December, 2010

bored

I am so bad at doing nothing. Neil is at the steam club. I could go out caching but then I'd be doing something, and I have it under good authority, that I am very stressed and need to spend sometime doing nothing. That's easy for them to say. Doing nothing sucks. Today so far, whilst doing nothing, I have been to the brand new shiny Spotlite that has appeared near Northland Norflans, been to the JB round the corner (spent money), sorted out meeting the new people for Sparky (a Scottie I have been helping to re-home after his elderly owner died), spent far too much time playing Farmville (for those of you who don't know what this is I have two things to say: a) Have you been living in a cardboard box? and b) Don't start playing), eaten food, read some more of Anne of Green Gables (Man that's a good book, why didn't I re-read it years ago. There is one really good thing about having a memory as shit as mine. For me re-reading books is like completely re-discovering them, I might as well have never read them before. I mean technically it has been over 20 years since I read this the last time, but seriously it's way better then I remembered. Note to self, buy the movie!) and though up about 1000 things I could do, but all of them would count as 'doing something'. Seriously people, how are you really supposed to do nothing?
P.S. If anyone else is bored, ring me, we can do something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm ........you never were any good at doing nothing, but sometimes it really is very theraputic.
Its taking me over 60 years to feel OK about doing nothing and even then its not for very long. Maybe you should learn meditating - its supposed to be very helpful for clearing the mind.... or You could ring me. I'm home now.

Anonymous said...

ah, its not possible to do literally nothing - although surely Farmville counts as doing nothing ;)
Anyway, I'm not convinced that doing nothing really helps - sitting around doing nothing just makes me feel like I am wasting time, which makes me more stressed. I reckon its better to do things but relaxing and fun things, just do nothing stressful and don't get involved in any new and complicated things.